Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Going to Chicago....

Alright, now I know that I've already posted once today but I have a request. We are going to Chicago in June for our first real vacation with Aiden, and Mike's never been there. I'm planning on taking them both to the normal places, like all the museums and the zoo and the aquarium. But now I need some other's point of view, I know that quite a few of my family members and friends have been to Chicago, cuz some of us have been there together when our family lived there, but I'm trying to figure out what to do for the hotel situation or if there are any places that you guys can think of that would be fun for a 3 year old. Or for others who have kids and travel a lot (hint hint) any ideas for keeping Aiden calm in the car. Now we are going to break up our trip quite a bit by visiting Mike's sister in Iowa City for a day or so and then seeing Dad and whoever else on our way back, so it's just all the way there and all the way back in one day, so that will help....but I need some other's opinions. Thanks a lot:) (I've talked up Chicago since Mike has never been there, so now I have to really show him the sights!)

2 Comments:

At Tue Mar 07, 04:02:00 PM 2006, Blogger Angie said...

Just keep in mind it might be cheaper and nicer to stay someplace and just ride the L in. Just don't forget a stroller. The only place I can think of right now is Shedd's but you already said that. Oh, they have a huge toy store downtown but I can't remember the name. I'm talking huge. That's always a favorite of little (and big) boys. As for keeping little boys busy... colorwonder markers (so he can't mark on anything but paper), little snacks, and maybe some kid music. If you can find one to borrow a portable dvd player worked wonders for us. ;)

 
At Wed Mar 08, 11:39:00 AM 2006, Blogger Emily said...

I'm sure Anna would be willing to let you borrow her DVD player for a little while. Other than that I haven't been to Chicago since we lived there. I'm sure mom would have some ideas tho.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home